Sunday, September 23, 2018

Saturday, September 22, 2018

I woke up at 4:30am and got up at 5:30.

We left the apt at 6am and when we arrived at the Nueva eps clinic most of the seats in the waiting room were full.  I read some from my nook and when it was my turn they drew a vial of blood.  At the front desk I paid 1,000 pesos (35cents) and we left.  (I think we get the test results back next Wednesday; hopefully not at 6am.)

It was only 7am and Carbon de Leña had yet to open so we just returned to the apt.

After breakfast we went back to bed at 8am.  I woke up at 10am and got up at 10:30.

After lunch Teresa told me there’s some kind of faire at Plaza Mayor and Daniela, Vicky’s daughter, is working one of the booths.  We might go check it out later, if it isn’t raining.

I spent part of the afternoon going through my 29 most difficult chess tactics.

Teresa left about 2pm to get her hair done.  She came back at 3:15 and asked me how I like her hair.  I told her I didn’t like it but I tried not to tell her I thought it was downright ugly.  She then informed me that she had to comb it out and then it looked much better.

We all left the apt at 4pm, quickly caught a taxi and picked up MT on the usual corner.  Driving down the expressway I was almost positive I saw a Ferris wheel somewhere between the new Exito and the epm power station.

We got out at Plaza Mayor and went to the red pavilion where we bought our tickets to the arts & crafts fair for 8,000 pesos each.
Vicky was there as well as her daughters Laura and Daniela and her granddaughter whose name for me is unpronouncable.  After saying hello to everyone I walked around the area and found there was no wifi and no place to sit.  I was soon bored.  I saw a few people with what looked like homemade popsicles so I asked Laura where we could find those.  She talked to a few people and then reported that the place was far away.  I told her I didn’t care because I was bored.  We walked out of the pavilion and across the plaza to an outdoor food court.  After checking out all the restaurants we settled on an Italian restaurant.  I had a café con leche and Laura had a glass of milk with a fancy dessert.  On the table was an ad for a special – 2 individual or medium sized pizzas for the price of one for 36,300 pesos.  I told Laura “why don’t we pick up 2 pizzas to bring back to share with everyone”.  She thought that was a great idea.  We ordered them and then I had Laura call Vicky (Teresa didn’t bring her cellphone) to tell them not to eat anything because we were bringing pizza.

When they brought the pizzas in boxes to go, we were both surprised that they weren’t larger.

We took the pizzas back and they soon disappeared.

I talked to Vicky’s Laura for awhile and she told me about the great time she had in Texas.  I understand Juan returns this Friday.
We soon left and were back at the apt by 7pm.

I asked Teresa if she wanted to see the Netflix movie Laura recommended several weeks ago (when we didn’t have internet).  She surprised me by suggesting we go to Mu.  I asked her if she wouldn’t rather go back to Antica Pizza.  She said “no, because it’s too much fat”, like there’s no fat in ribs.  Lol.

We left the apt at 7:15 and quickly caught a taxi.  Driving down Avenida Las Vegas I briefly saw the Ferris wheel once again.  At Mu there was no line and we got a table right away.

Sitting at our table we could see a full frontal painting of a naked woman with the caption - Nice Hat!  (What hat?)

I went into the restroom to wash my hands before the food arrived and was surprised to see that they have a container of floss mounted to the wall.  Makes sense!

Teresa always orders a Diet Coke and I always order a regular Coke.  Now keep in the mind that our little table gets crowded with our bottles, glasses, plates, condiments, etc.  At one point I noticed Teresa pick up the Coke sitting between us.  It was my Coke.  After she drank some of it I asked her if she knew she just drank from my glass.  She then saw that her glass was on her other side.  Don’t you think she would notice that?  She did say that she thought her Coke tasted too sweet.  A few minutes later I stopped her from doing it again.  Lol.

The total check came to 93,000 pesos ($31) for the three of us.

Laura wanted to show us the nightclubs (is that the right word?) that she usually frequents.  First she took us down what must have been Calle 8 or 9 past the bar/restaurant with the large outdoor patio.  She said that’s her favorite place.  Then she led us over to Calle 10A to a place called Dancefree.  It was only 8:30 and the place was empty so we said goodbye to Laura and I gave her my usual spiel about being home by 11pm.

Teresa and I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

David Simmons emailed me that he had finally finished reading my whole blog from beginning to end.

Today’s Step Count was 8,526.

Joke of the day
JEWISH STAND UP COMEDY JOKES
A doctor gave a man six months to live. Six months later the man hadn't paid his bill so the doctor gave him another six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment