Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Monday, September 10, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly, only got up once during the night finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I tried on the gym shorts and t-shirt Teresa bought me at Exito last Thursday and I found they have no pockets.  That’s going to be an inconvenience.

Laura told me that Une called yesterday and they are coming today.  Well, I guess we’ll give them this last chance.  I understand she has a job interview today.

Teresa left just before 8am for exercise classes at the gym.  Afterward she was going to stop at the local Une store to find out if we cancel our service from there or do we have to go downtown Medellin to the Intelligent building.

At 8:30 Laura left the apt for a job interview which I understand will be in English.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  While I had internet I texted Jose and he confirmed that I need 35 visits not ticket purchases to qualify for the platinum card.  (Back at the apt I could see I have only 22 visits so it’s going to be close as to if I can reach 35 visits in one year.)  Jose told me he is now going to a Confama gym in Itagui.  I told Charles I would be happy to join him at his apt next Monday night for Monday Night Football – he is a Seattle Seahawks fan, the Bears next opponent.

I finished the paperback The Dungeon Master by William Dear.

I took a little nap from 12:15 to 1:15 while Teresa was making lunch.

Again for lunch she served me white rice.  For the umpteeth time I tried to explain to her I don’t eat white rice alone.  I will eat it with meat gravy and I will sometimes add it to my beans but she keeps serving me something like salad, a chicken leg and a cup of white rice.  I confirmed that the chicken leg is called “pollo” and the rice is called “arroz”, then I asked her what’s the difference between that and “arroz con pollo”.  When she answered I told her other than in frijoles that’s the only way I will eat white rice and once again I left it untouched on my plate.  I think she’s beginning to get the idea.

Teresa will do strange things like today she called the dentist on her cellphone and told me it’s busy then she’ll set the phone down on the table without hanging up like she’s expecting them to answer at some point.

I left the apt about 2:30 and grabbed the only available table at Bartolos where I had a café con leche.  At one point I heard someone speaking English and I looked up and it was David, the young man from Laureles that I don’t care for.  He had a bag of candies and asked me if I want to buy one and I said “no” and I said I remember who you are and you can just keep going.
I paid for my coffee then walked over to the bookstore where I exchanged my paperback plus 2,000 pesos for another.

I stopped at the internet café and got caught up on postings to my blog using my flash drive.  I also investigated the Proof of Life form for MT and its form 7162 that I just mailed to the US from Envios Market.

I considered stopping again at Bartolos but there wasn’t any table available so I just returned to the apt.

I got an email from John that Laura needs to sign a letter saying that she quit.  He said she had a month to learn the details of 10 different tours but was unable to complete that task.

Several times over the past few days I’ve seen a moving truck loading and unloading things from the 2nd floor apartment.  Today there was lots of hammering during the day as they are installing a new front door.

Incredibly, someone from Une actually showed up at 5pm.  I think Teresa explained to him that the problem was outside and I saw him walking across the street a minute later.

The guy came back 5 minutes later and said that everything looks okay outside.  He put a different router (looked like a floor type) on top of ours and after a few minutes of checking said that our router looks okay.  I understand he needs a truck with ladders to check out the cables outside.  Teresa says he’s going to do it now.

At 5:40 a truck pulled up and the guy unloaded a ladder.
Teresa told me she’s going with her mother to Exito.  I told her good because there’s a football game at 6pm I want to watch – Detroit Lions vs New York Jets but I told her she’s not going anywhere until the Une guy finishes his work here.

At 6:15 I noticed that the guy and the truck were gone.  Drat!
A couple minutes later he returned, took one look at the router (still not working correctly) and did an about face.

He returned a few minutes later and informed us that he’ll return at 7am tomorrow and rewire everything.

I attempted to call Jose to cancel our chess game for tomorrow but he didn’t answer.

Laura came back at 7:45 and told me that Une just called her and they will return at 10am and something about another girl said it will be in the afternoon.

At 9pm I again tried to call Jose but still no answer.

I watched some Monday Night Football.

Today’s Step Count was 8,174.

Joke of the day
A college teacher reminds her class of the next day's final exam. 'Now class, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury, illness, or a death in your immediate family, but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!'
A smart-ass student in the back of the room raised his hand and asked, 'What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?'
The entire class was reduced to laughter and snickering. When silence was restored, the teacher smiled knowingly at the student, shook her head and sweetly said, 'Well, I guess you'd just have to write the exam with your other hand.'

No comments:

Post a Comment