Monday, September 10, 2018

Tuesday, August 28, 2018


I slept well until getting up at 4am and after that I just catnapped until I got up at 7am.

Right after my shower Teresa asked me to go for milk.  I asked her why she always asks me in the morning, why can’t she ask me the afternoon or evening before?

I understand now we’re going to Euro in Mayorista tonight at 6pm.  That gives us 2 hours because as I recall they close at 8pm, or maybe that’s just Sunday.  I could confirm it if I had internet.
I left the apt at 9:30 and as I walked past the entrance to the next building an atractive 40ish woman said “buenos dias senor”.  I said “good morning” back, not sure if I’m supposed to know her.
At the bookstore I exchanged my John Grisham paperback for another for 2,000 pesos.  I stopped at the bakery where I had a cafĂ© con leche and got a little caught up on some internet news.  I stopped at the copy center and had a page printed then paid the August Une bill at Copatria.  (I’ve been a week without internet; don’t you think I should get a rebate?)  I was back at the apt by 10:30 and Teresa had already left for the gym.

I understand she completed 2 classes again today.

After lunch I completed 40 chess puzzles towards cycle #2 while Teresa listened to some loud Youtube video on her cellphone.  I’m sure that didn’t help my concentration.

I’m also nearing completion of analyzing the games from my last chess tournament.

Teresa tells me that her mother has a doctor’s appointment at 2pm that she’ll be going to.  I understand it’s some type of water exercise in a pool somewhere near Mayorca mall.

Teresa mentioned that she’s already seen The Equalizer on TV.  I explained that that was The Equalizer 1 and that The Equalizer 2 is a new movie that just opened in theaters.

At 6:10 Teresa called Laura and found that she’s on a bus at the border of Envigado and Medellin.  I think Euro closes at 8pm so I told Teresa we shouldn’t wait for her.

We walked down the hill and caught a taxi to Mayorista.

I’ve got about 390mil left on my debit card for the month and I brought 200mil in cash.

After we didn’t quite fill a grocery cart we went to the checkout lane.  (One of the last things Teresa picked up was 3 individual tiramisus.)  As the cashier scanned one of the 3 the total hit 390 and I asked her to stop.  She seemed a little confused and she scanned another one hitting something like 395mil.  I told her I wanted to pay for everything scanned thus far with my debit card and the remainder in cash.  I understand from the register that I exceeded the maximum remaining on my card.  She cancelled it and we had to wait a few minutes for the system to register that.  I had her cancel the 2 tiramisus and she tried again and this time the total of 382,900 went through.  (Talk about hitting it close.)  I paid cash for the remaining items – another 55mil.

When we got back to the apt we found out that Laura forgot her keys so she waited at La Casita Parilla for us to return.  We still don’t have wifi so Laura called Une again and they said they would be out tomorrow.

If we don’t have wifi by Thursday I’ll be at Patrick’s Irish Pub again this time having dinner while watching the Bears final preseason game.

Today’s Step Count was 8,260.

Joke of the day
Andy Rooney on morning differences.
Men and women are different in the morning. We men wake up aroused in the morning. We can't help it. We just wake up and we want you. And the women are thinking, "How can he want me the way I look in the morning?" It's because we can't see you. We have no blood anywhere near our optic nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment