Monday, September 10, 2018

Thursday, August 23, 2018



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly and only got up once about 5:30.  I fell back asleep and woke/got up at 8am.
Still no wifi.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then Teresa and I both took a nap of a little over an hour.

I got up just before 11am feeling much better.  My eyes still feel a little tired though.

Teresa spent some time on the phone trying to get through to Une – probably the same result as in the US – “all our operators are busy with other callers; your call is important to us; calls are answered in the order they are taken” yada, yada, yada.  Finally she gave up and I think she called Laura and asked her to check with the Une office in Poblado.

I just realized that if we don’t have wifi I won’t be able to see my football game at noon on Saturday from my laptop.  Yikes!  That means I’ll have to make a trip to Patrick’s Irish Sports Pub and hopefully they will be able to put the game on there.

I had no appetite all day but I did eat a little.

I spent most of the day analyzing my games from the chess tournament.

We got a light rain just before 11pm.

Today’s Step Count was 5,211.  Even though I never left the apt I spent a lot of time walking between my computer and the dining room table (due to lack of space on my chess table).

Joke of the day
Two guys, one old, one young, are pushing their carts around Wal-Mart when they collide. The old guy says to the young guy, "Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife, and I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
The young guy says, "That's OK, it's quite a coincidence, but I'm looking for my wife, too.... I can't find her and I'm getting a little desperate."
The old guy says, "Well, maybe I can help you find her....what does she look like?"
The young guy says, "Well, she is 27 years old, tall, blonde, blue eyes, is buxom...wearing no bra, long legs, and is wearing short shorts. What does your wife look like?”
To which the old guy replies, "Doesn't matter….Let's look for yours!”

No comments:

Post a Comment