Monday, September 10, 2018

Tuesday, August 21, 2018



Typical night, I woke up at 5:30 and got up at 7am.
When Laura got up about 7:30 I kiddingly asked her if she got a message from Trevor asking how she is this morning.  She pretended to give me a spanking but instead of saying “spank spank” they say “pow pow”.

I left the apt at 9:30, walked over to the bookstore where I exchanged paperbacks for 2mil, and then stopped at the bakery for a coffee.  I stopped at the health food store where I bought a container of Bi-Pro for 89mil.  It came with a free plastic drinking cup that contains 2 storage areas (like for protein powder) and and also serves as a shaker.  I stopped at the corner store where I bought 3 bags of milk and was back at the apt by 10:30.

Teresa had already left for 2 classes at the gym.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a document waiting for pickup.  I’ll probably wait until Saturday.

As soon as Teresa returned she commandeered the drinking cup which was fine with me.

Teresa left the apt at 1:30.  She’s taking her mother to a clinic in Mayorca so I’m going to see Bad Samaritan in Unicentro beginning at 3:20.

I left the apt about 2pm, walked down to the metro and just missed a train.  It only took about 5 minutes for the next one to arrive.
After we left the Aguacatala station the car was cattle car full.  At 2:30 in the afternoon?  I was going to get off at the Exposiciones Station but I was afraid I might miss it so with some shoving I managed to get off a station earlier at Industriales.  I walked to the other side of the highway and got in one of the waiting taxis.
If I remember correctly the ride to Unicentro mall was about 7mil.
Thirty minutes before showtime I had my ticket (4,750 pesos) and was sitting in the theater lobby.  (I now have 30 total ticket purchases this year on my Cine Colombia card.)   I read some from my Nook until 10 minutes before showtime.  I bought a small popcorn and medium soda and entered the theater.  There were only 2 other people there – a couple just on the other side of the aisle from me.  They talked throughout the coming attractions and commercials and I had to shush them soon after the main attraction started.

I thought the movie – Bad Samaritan (6.3) – was very good, in fact Teresa might enjoy it.

Outside the mall I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt, although traffic was heavy as the driver chose to return via Avenida Poblado.
I was back by 5:30 but Teresa didn’t return for another 90 minutes.
Sometime in the evening we realized that we had lost our wifi.
I wasn’t feeling well, feeling bloated and a case of what I call the “blahs” most likely because I ate 2 (though small) tubs of salted popcorn with sodas on 2 consecutive days.  Not a good idea!
So, I have 2 choices: 1) drink lots of water until I throw up and soon I’ll feel better; I chose 2) do nothing and feel bad for a couple days.

Teresa was very tired and decided to go to bed early at 10:30.  I agreed which means I would need to start my melatonin an hour earlier but at 9:30 I was hugging the toilet and throwing up slightly.  I certainly needed more.  I went to bed at 10:15 feeling a little cold. 

Today’s Step Count was 6,739.

Joke of the day
A man feared his wife wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid.
Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family doctor to discuss the problem.
The doctor told him there is a simple test the husband could perform to give them a better idea about her hearing loss.
“Here's what you do," said the doctor, "stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you.
 If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response."
That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was in the den. He says to himself, "I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens."

Then in a normal voice he asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?"
No response.
So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Honey, what's for dinner?"  Still no response.
Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his wife and asks, "Honey, what's for dinner?"  Again he gets no response.
So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. "Honey, what's for dinner?" Again there is no response.
So he walks right up behind her. "Honey, what's for dinner?"
She turns around and says, "Ralph, for the FIFTH time, its CHICKEN!"


No comments:

Post a Comment