Monday, September 10, 2018

Friday, September 7, 2018



Last night I fell asleep quickly and woke up until 6:30 (garbage truck).  I fell back asleep and woke/got up at 8:15.  Now that’s a good night’s sleep.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and headed for the gym.  There are stalls with arts & crafts and food set up in the park and one of the streets leading to the park.  I still have something not right about my left hamstring, no pain just a little discomfort and slight burning sensation.  Charles told me about the City Plaza mall that’s east on Calle 40 I think it was.  He said it’s within walking distance – probably a long walk.  I remember seeing it on the internet when I was looking for the Cine Polis theater.  Someday I’ll take a walk in that direction.

I completed all my exercises in 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Back at the apt still no internet.

Laura called and I understood she doesn’t want to work for John anymore.  Something about being bored and John wanting her to do some thing or things she doesn’t want to do.  (Take that interpretation with a grain of salt.)  She only made 150,000 pesos ($50) working for him for 2 weeks keeping in mind bus fare and lunch although she often brought lunch with her.

At 2:30 Teresa left for a massage appointment at Stella Duran and I walked to an ATM where I made a withdrawal.  I stopped at $efecty where I paid the Direct TV bill and then Cotrafa where I paid the epm and Caldas tax bill for the finca.  At Todo Drogas I bought another month’s supply of cholesterol tablets for Teresa for 22,500 pesos.  At Bartolos I got a table and had a café con leche while using their internet from my cellphone.  Walking past the park I saw a group of dozens of policemen gathered all together in one corner.  At the copy center I used one of their computers and logged onto my email accounts.  My US account had 96 unread emails and my Colombia account had 269 unread emails.  I posted to my blog notifying everyone that I had lost my internet for the past 2+ weeks and I don’t know when we’re getting it back, other than mañana.  I read and deleted quite a few emails but there are still lots of others still unread.

I stopped at Bancolombia where I paid our Smartfit bill for September.

Back at the apt I told Teresa let’s go for pizza.  We left the apt at 6:50 in order to be back for her Desafio program that starts at 8pm.  
We were back by 7:45.

About 8pm it started raining – not hard but steady.

Today’s Step Count was 9,404.

Joke of the day
A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly the man realized the next day he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight. Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 AM!" and left it where he knew she would find it.
The next morning the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight.
Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed. The paper said, "It’s 5:00 AM. Wake up."


No comments:

Post a Comment