Thursday, September 27, 2018

Wednesday, September 26, 2018


Last night I got up once during the night, again at 5:30, Teresa soon got up and I got up at 7am.

I found my blood results online and copied them to my flash drive to print out later.  Without comparing them to my previous results I can only say that they look encouraging.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  During my exercises I ran into another gringo, although I don’t remember his name, and he introduced me to his Colombian wife.  I told them I’m getting married tomorrow.  I saw a man on a treadmill wearing a Jordan Bulls t-shirt.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 55 minutes.  At the entrance/exit to the gym I took advantage of their scale and I weighed in at 78.1 kilos (170#) without my shoes.

On the way back through the park I saw workers stringing cables between the large poles that they will use to suspend Christmas lights.

I copied the information from my blog from March 5th, 2015 when we last visited the notary for our Union Libre.  I cut & pasted it and translated it to Spanish for Teresa.  I’ll print it out later while she’s getting her massage.

While Teresa was sitting on the couch she noticed there is an apartment for rent in the building across and slightly up the street; it appears to be on the 9th floor.  Teresa called right away and learned that it’s only 1,350,000 pesos but it’s only 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms.  I said if we can get rid of Laura (as an au pair in the US) we would only need 2 bedrooms.  Then I remembered all the things Teresa’s got in the 3rd bedroom closet and … never mind.

We left the apt at 2:30 and took a taxi to Stella Duran.  On the way I pointed out the Ferris wheel and asked Teresa what they call it in Spanish.  She said Rueda de Chicago (Chicago’s Wheel) which makes sense since the first one was built for the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago.  She went in for her massage and I first stopped at a copy center and printed a copy of my blood test results and the notary information (Spanish version) from March 5th, 2015.

I couldn’t get an internet connection at the White House Hostel so I just read my Nook book.

When Teresa returned we took a taxi to Oviedo.  We bought 2 preferred seating tickets to The Predator for 7,250 each and we still had 2 hours before showtime.  (I had recommended we go to an earlier showtime at Vizcaya at 4:55 but for some reason Teresa wanted to go to the 6:20 at Oviedo.)

We went next door to Todo Fresa where Teresa had what looked like a little spinach quiche with juice and I had a slice of apple & almond pie with cafĂ© con leche for a total of 31,685.  We killed about an hour (I still had problems getting an internet connection) and then Teresa checked out a few stores.  Twenty minutes before showtime I made my last trip to the restroom and we bought a small popcorn, small soda (for her) and a medium soda (for me) for 18,100 pesos ($6).  The movie was so-so to good which is probably why it’s only rated 6.0.

After the movie we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I compared my blood results to my previous results and, based on my non-medical degree, they do appear to be better so maybe my diet, the cholesterol medicine, or both has helped improve them.
Today’s Step Count was 9,001.

Joke of the day
The mother of a 17-year-old girl was concerned that her daughter was having sex.  Worried the girl might become pregnant she consulted the family doctor.
The doctor told her that teenagers today are very willful and any attempt to stop the girl would probably result in rebellion.  He then told her to arrange for her daughter to be put on birth control and until then talk to her and give her a box of condoms.
Later that evening, as her daughter was preparing for a date, the mother told her about her concern and handed her a box of condoms.
The girl burst out laughing and reached over to hug her mother and said: 'Oh Mom! You don't have to
worry about that! I'm dating Susan!'

No comments:

Post a Comment