Monday, September 10, 2018

Saturday, September 8, 2018



I slept pretty well despite getting up 3 times during the night, finally waking at 8:10 and getting up at 8:30.

It’s obvious we got lots of rain overnight although I never heard it.  It was probably a continuous light drizzle all night.

I checked my Direct TV guide and the Bears game starts tomorrow at 7:20 on ESPN2.

I had a flash of inspiration.  I copied the previous 3 weeks or so of my blog to my flash drive with the idea of going later to the internet café and copying my blog to my online blog.  (Sounds awkward!)

I left the apt at 9:45 and took the bus to Envios Market.  I forgot that the English speaking gals are off on Saturday but I did pretty well with my broken Spanish.  I had MT’s envelope sent to Social Security in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania for 95,800 pesos and it should go out Monday and arrive in 2-3 days.

I took a bus to McDonald’s and had a cappuccino frappe on their patio while using their internet.

I had shared a few texts with a guy named Bart on Facebook and today we made plans to meet at Parque Envigado at 12:30.  I called Teresa and cleared it with her that I wouldn’t be joining her for lunch.

Every year my brother, my son and I make our predictions for the Chicago Bears regular season record.  My brother chose 8-8 and my son and I chose 10-6.  (Does my brother know we acquired Khalil Mack?)  For my prediction to come true I believe the Bears will have to beat either the Packers in week 1 or the Seahawks in week 2.

I took the bus back to Envigado and stopped at Exito and picked up a few things including a 600ml Coke for my game tomorrow.

I dropped the things off at the apt and soon headed out for the park.

I met Bart at Bartolos at 12:30.  He is 62 years old and originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota but has been living most recently in Nicaragua.  He left there because of the recent increase in violence.  (He feels sorry for those gringos who bought property there.)  He’s scouting out Medellin as a possible replacement although I think it’s more likely he would live in a smaller town nearby.

He’s a Vikings fan so there was a lot of talk about NFL football.  He also is a Trump hater and we talked a lot about him.

We had lunch at Bartolos Bar and then when the music started in the park we moved down to the last bakery.  At one point someone dropped a flyer on our table.  The festivities this week are called Fondas del Carriel.  Carriel is what they call the “man bag” that Colombian men used to use.  del” means “from the” and I think “Fondas” means depths.  They have activities going on Friday through Sunday at noon.  We finally left at 4:15 and he headed back to the metro and I went to the internet café but I found it closed – I think it closes at 4pm on Saturdays.

Back at the apt Laura explained to me that she met a gringa named Emily from Washington D.C. that is returning next Thursday.  They are going to meet at Santafe mall tonight and then go out to party from there.  (Laura likes the fact that Emily has blonde hair and blue eyes.)  I noticed Laura’s English has improved quite a bit.  I understand she’s going to leave with us about 6pm and hitch a ride to Oviedo and walk over to Santafe mall from there.

We left the apt at 6pm and quickly caught a taxi down the hill.  At Oviedo we said goodbye to Laura who was heading over to Santafe.  Teresa and I bought 2 preferred seating tickets to La Monja (The Nun) for 15,500 pesos each.  (This should bring my total ticket purchase count up to 35.)

Downstairs Teresa bought 2 identical Subway sandwiches for 25,000 pesos.  Back upstairs we had a 15 minute wait then got in line and bought a small popcorn and 2 medium sodas.

We arrived at our seats just as the trailers were beginning.  We ate our sandwiches but because Teresa ordered them with all sauces mine was difficult to handle and I couldn’t even finish it because everything was sliding apart.

Teresa thought the movie was so-so and I thought it was ridiculous not to mention that once again the theater was freezing.  Next time we’ll try to remember to bring our jackets.

Outside the mall we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I’ll be watching football all afternoon and evening tomorrow and I understand Teresa is going to the finca.

Today’s Step Count was 7,799.

Joke of the day
Sex is like air.  It isn’t important unless you aren’t getting any.

No comments:

Post a Comment