Monday, September 10, 2018

Monday, August 27, 2018



I slept well, getting up once at 4:30, waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7am just as Teresa was leaving for the gym.

Yesterday Colombia had some type of a special vote – but it wasn’t an election.  The seven questions were so obvious, like, “should the salary of congress and high government officials be reduced?” that “Si” gained over 99% of the votes on each question that I saw.  I’ll have some more info about this once I get an internet connection.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  At one point Charles complained to me that he would be working out on a machine and someone would come up and ask to use it because it’s part of his “circuit”.  He said “what about my circuit”?  If some one does that to me I’ll say “so, what your saying is, that your routine is more important than my routine?”  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours and 5 minutes.

I believe today is the day that Jose Cruz returns from the States.  As I was typing this last sentence I heard my cellphone ringing while it was charging.  Fully expecting it to be Jose I answered and I got “buenas tardes” (good afternoon).  I said I don’t speak Spanish and all I got was “buenas tardes” again.  I said “un minuto por favor” as I handed the phone to Teresa.  After talking to him a minute she hung up and said he thought he was calling a doctor’s office and wanted to make an appointment (aka wrong number.)  I told her next time take the appointment and charge him 500,000 pesos – we might at least make some money on this wrong number.

The muchacho from Une arrived at 3:40.  He checked the router and a splitter (that doesn’t really split anything, it’s being used as a connector) in the wall and declared that the cable outside was damaged, probably from a passing truck.  (If they would take the slack out of the cable it wouldn’t droop so much and be less likely to be hit.)  I understand the cable is old and he’s going to put in a newer (and thicker?) one.  On second thought the wire from the house goes down to a wire on this side of the street.  I don’t see how a truck could reach it unless it was parking on our side.

Anyway, after he replaced some cable outside he checked signals inside and stated that it still doesn’t work and he doesn’t know why.  He will have to come back tomorrow as he left at 5:30.  (I understand he will be working completely outside tomorrow so we won’t have to wait in the apt for his arrival.)

I’m trying to figure out a time when Teresa and I can go grocery shopping.  You know how easily she changes her mind.  She mentioned going tomorrow morning before her gym class but I reminded her that from here to there and back usually takes 2 hours.

Today’s Step Count was 8,494.

Joke of the day
Andy Rooney on Fabric Softeners.
My wife uses fabric softener. I never knew what that stuff was for. Then I noticed women coming up to me, sniffing, then saying under their breath, "Married!" and walking away. Fabric softeners are how our wives mark their territory. We can take off the ring but it's hard to get that April Fresh scent out of your clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment