Monday, September 17, 2018

Sunday, September 16, 2018


I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8am.  Teresa was already gone; she said she was going to leave at 6am for the finca.

I put on my workout clothes and headed out for Ciclovia.  For some reason the streets weren’t closed off as usual, maybe because the marathon is today and all the usual crossing guards are needed elsewhere.  I walked down to Euro and was back in an hour which amounted to a little over 5,000 steps.  So if I had a goal to walk 10,000 steps a day I would need to walk for 2 hours, not necessarily 2 hours in a row as I can usually get a few hundred steps in the morning just walking around the apt.

I spent the day watching NFL football.

At 1:30 Laura called Sr. Wok and ordered Chinese food to be delivered.  It didn’t arrive until 2:45 but at least it only cost 32,000 pesos including delivery.

Teresa came back at 4:30 and we took a nap from 5-5:45.

Interestingly, the Packers and Vikings went into overtime and neither of their kickers could make a field goal so we had the 2nd tie in the NFL, Packers 29 Vikings 29.

Remember some weeks ago when Colombia voted on 7 different referendums?  Over 99% voted FOR each of the anti-corruption referendums but they failed (barely) to reach the minimum number of votes necessary for it to be binding.  Sigh!

Today’s Step Count was 7,438.

Joke of the day
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

No comments:

Post a Comment