Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

I got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.  Teresa was already gone.

I left the apt just before 8am, and had breakfast at Carbon de Leña.
  I left there just before 9am and arrived at the chess league just before 10am.  Jose was there waiting for me.  Another man was there – Jhon Jairo Posada, who I lost a close game to in the last tournament.  I had the White pieces to start and by the 11th move I was in trouble and I resigned on the 17th move.  He had a doctor’s appointment in the afternoon and it was still early so we played a second game.  I had Black and on his 10th move he made a miscalculation and thereafter I threatened his king until I mated him on the 24th move.

We had lunch at the same sandwich restaurant that Bart and I ate at last week.

We said goodbye with plans to meet again next Tuesday.  Only 16 days until our next chess tournament.

I was back in Envigado by 3:30.  I couldn’t find a table at Bartolos so I just went back to the apt.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening studying chess tactics.

I invited Teresa to join me tomorrow for a movie but she’s not interested.

About 6pm it started to rain and was still raining when we went to bed - Teresa at 10pm and I at 11pm,

I relaxed by reading a little in a couple books.

The last few weeks I’ve had some minor discomfort in my left heel.  I thought maybe I contracted Donald Trump’s bone spurs but I just think it’s just the early stages of plantar faciatis.

Today’s Step Count was 8,989.

Joke of the day
JEWISH STAND UP COMEDY JOKES
I've been in love with the same woman for 50 years.  If my wife ever finds out, she'll kill me!

No comments:

Post a Comment