Sunday, September 16, 2018

Saturday, September 15, 2018


Today is kind of like Colombia’s Valentine’s Day, called Dia de Amor y Amistad or Day of Love and Friendship.

Last night I fell asleep quickly, got up 4 times during the night, woke up at 5am and got up at 6:15.  I’ll probably take a short nap after breakfast - which I did.

I left the apt just before 9am and took a bus to Envios Market where I picked up my September Chess Life magazine.

In Parque Poblado I sent a text message to Bart that I was running early and would probably be at the stadium station by 10:30.

I actually arrived at 10:10 and he arrived at 10:30.

We walked over to a neighborhood bakery where we had coffee and chatted until about noon.  He told me he met a 31-year old English speaking Colombiana in Opera Pizza last weekend and he might be meeting her tonight for dinner.

We walked across the street to a restaurant Bart recommended called Provocacion Charcuteria which basically just served sandwiches.  Bart ordered a ham sandwich combo and I ordered their Cuban Ropa Viejo which interestingly translates to Old Clothes and a Coke.  He told me about a nearby sports bar called Philly Sports Bar (Carrera 41A #70-42) which shows NFL games.
At 12:45 it started raining, hard.

The total bill came to 20,000 pesos (about $7).

By 1:45 the rain had settled down and we said our goodbyes.
He might be returning in a few weeks once he takes care of some business in Nicaragua.

Back in Envigado, for the first time I took the pedestrian overpass to the other side of Calle 37 Sur.  The steps leading up were a little slick from the rain so I hope they can rough them up somehow.

I stopped at Home Center where I bought a meat hammer (not sure what it’s called exactly for 16,900 pesos.  The same item cost 62,000 pesos in Cachivaches in Santafe mall.  In Exito I picked up sandwich bread, a bag of granola and a tube of Colgate toothpaste. 
Exito now has an area near the bakery/produce called Coworking which looks similar to the computer workspace you find in Starbucks.  Other small tables outside that space have charging stations.

I was lazy and took a taxi back to the apt for the minimum fare of 5,400 pesos (about $2).

At the apt I heard what was obviously a BINGO game going on in the apartment complex across and down the street.

I dropped off my things and headed to the park.  A block further I was at a flower store where I bought a rose for Teresa and a simpler flower for Laura.

I stopped at Bartolos for awhile where I had a café con leche and got caught up on the news on my cellphone.

Back at the apt the Bingo game was still going on.

Teresa returned at 5:30 and I gave her the rose.  She has to leave early again tomorrow to return to the finca.

At 6:30 I made a quick trip to the corner store for a bag of milk and 2 1.5 liter bottles of Coke.  (The 2nd is for my game Monday night.)

I ordered Fear: Trump in the White House by Bob Woodward as a Nook book for $14.99.

It was raining so I was a little surprised when Teresa still wanted to go to the restaurant rather than bringing food back to the apt.

I put on my jacket and we left the apt at 7:30pm and took an Uber car to Mu restaurant for 18,000 pesos.  The driver spoke English and when I complimented him on his car he said he just bought it weeks ago and it’s a 2019 model.

We had to wait in line outside for about 10 minutes before we got a table.

We had a large order of ribs which comes with fries and we each had a Coke for a total of 93,000 pesos including tip.

Laura called for another Uber car to bring us back to the apt for 17,500 pesos.

Today’s Step Count was 11,675.

Joke of the day
A store that sells new husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit the store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch: you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

On the first floor there is a sign on the door that reads: Floor 1 - These men have good jobs.

When she gets to the second floor she finds a sign that reads: Floor 2 - These men have good jobs and love kids.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have good jobs, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and a sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have good jobs, love kids, are very good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have good jobs, love kids, are very good looking, help with the housework, and are very romantic.

She's so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor number 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store!

READ ON…

A new wives store opened across the street.

The first floor has wives that are beautiful.

The second floor has wives that are beautiful and love sex.

The third through sixth floors have never been visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment