Monday, September 10, 2018

Sunday, September 9, 2018



I slept well despite getting up once or twice during the night.  
Teresa woke me at 8:30 to tell me she’s leaving for the finca.

I got up a few minutes later, washed my face and put on the gym clothes I only wear for Ciclovia and left just before 9am.  At one point just before Papa Johns I heard some child behind me speaking English.  I talked briefly to the father – he moved here from Australia in 2005, was married to a Colombiana in his words “long enough to have 2 kids”.  The boy about 10, and the girl more like 7, she with blonde hair, they were both cute.  I walked a little further than previously and stopped at the new building that is nearing completion and turned around.

At Sao Paolo plaza I stopped in their food court at restaurant Olivenza for breakfast.  They had pancakes but it came with honey, not maple syrup so I ordered an omelette.  They had wifi – yay – and I took a photo of the restaurant and for the first time posted it to my Facebook account.  (Bart showed me how to do it yesterday.)  With 2 café con leches the total came to 21,852 and I tipped the waitress about 3,000 pesos.  (Later when I showed Teresa the bill she told me that it was too exensive - $7 – imagine.)

I walked back to the apt returning just after 11am.

Still no wifi!  Une’s last chance will be early tomorrow afternoon or Teresa and I are going to cancel their service (that we aren’t getting).

There were 18 positions that I was unable to solve in Cycle 1 & 2.  I entered them into my online database so I can work on solving them separately.

I’m watching NFL Redzone which, in English, switches from game to game showing the biggest plays.  They advertise 7 hours of commercial free coverage but Direct TV still occasionally interrupts with their own commercials.

Well, that didn’t take long.  Just a little less than 30 minutes into today’s games and a Cincinnatti Bengals player was ejected for helmet to helmet contact.  I also saw calls against players “piling on” the QB which is a new rule this year.  (I still see lots of helmet to helmet contact, however, but I guess the rules don’t apply to everything.

Teresa and Laura left about 3pm to go mall hopping.  They told me they don’t know what mall(s) they are going to.

I settled down for the game with my popcorn and Coke.  The Bears soon took a 10-0 lead over the Packers.  Aaron Rodgers went down with what looked like a knee injury with 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and Deshone Kizer came in.  Khalil Mack had at least 1 sack, he stripped Kizer of the ball, intercepted a pass and ran it in for a touchdown to give the Bears a 17-0 lead at halftime.  So far, so good!!!  The Bears certainly dominated the first half.

Aaron Rodgers came back in in the 2nd half and as usual we played too cautiously and lost to the Packers 24-23.  How discouraging!  Now the Bears have to win next week against the Seahawks to have any chance for them to go 10-6.

Today’s Step Count was 10,928.

Joke of the day
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

1 comment: