Thursday, September 20, 2018

Wednesday, September 19, 2018


I went to bed at 11pm last night, fell asleep quickly but woke up at 4am.  I waited until 5am until deciding I wasn’t going to be falling back asleep so I got up.  (I should sleep well tonight.)

Teresa has an early morning exercise class so I’ll probably be breakfasting again at Carbon de Leña for $3.

Instead, since I was up so early Teresa made breakfast for me.
I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.  On my way back to the apt I counted 19 policemen scattered throughout the plaza outside Exito.  I have no idea what was going on.

Teresa came to me while I was on the computer and informed me that there’s a movie she wants to see – La Monja (The Nun).  I informed her that we saw it last week.  I had to show her the trailer before she would believe me.  I said “we didn’t like it the first time and you want to see it again?”  God, give me strength, maybe she does have Alzheimers?!

Teresa loves the hot plate that she brought back in July from the finca; it’s so much faster than the stove top.

My plan today was to take care of some things in downtown Envigado then take a bus to Vizcaya to see Crazy Rich Asians.
Teresa threw a monkey wrench into those plans when she stated that she wanted to go to Oviedo to buy a shirt (probably blouse).  I talked to her and we came up with a compromise.

Downtown Envigado I paid the Une bill for September and bought another container of Bi-Pro.  I tried to use the BBVA ATM but the security lock on the door was broken and it didn’t give me an English option so I left and used my usual ATM.

Back at the apt Teresa surprised me a little by telling me she didn’t want me to withdraw any more cash this month.  It would be nice if we could make it through the next 10 days using just my debit card for things like trips to the grocery store and still have a little cash at the end of the month to move to savings.

About 2:30 we walked down the hill where we caught a taxi and picked up MT a block later.  They got out at Oviedo and I continued on to Vizcaya.  I arrived an hour early and their internet was still not working.  I bought a general seating ticket for 3,000 pesos ($1) and sat down and finished a Readers Digest I brought with me.  About 15 minutes before showtime I made a quick trip to the restroom then bought a small popcorn and medium soda for 13,200 pesos (about $4.50).  I still have 12-13mil left on my card.  I had to wait 5-10 minutes outside the entrance to the theater for workers to finish cleaning it.

At one point just as the movie was starting an usher checked tickets 2 aisles in front of me and actually moved whole rows around.  Interesting!

The movie was pretty predictable but at least I got to see some opulence of the very rich and there was some comedy.

After the movie I walked down the hill and quickly caught a Sabaneta bus and got a seat in back.  As we were approaching Oviedo Teresa called and told me they were in Santafe mall but they were leaving to head back to the apt.

Tomorrow I plan to go biking.  I’m going to try a new route to Parque Laureles #1 & #2 and I hope to have lunch somewhere near one of them.

Today’s Step Count was 10,832.

Joke of the day
JEWISH STAND UP COMEDY JOKES
What are three words a woman never wants to hear when she's making love?
"Honey, I'm home!"


No comments:

Post a Comment