Monday, September 24, 2018

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Last night I woke up at 2:15, fell back asleep quickly, woke up at 6am, finally fell back asleep and woke/got up at 8am.

Teresa made me oatmeal with cinnamon for breakfast.  Of course for this first time it was Colombian style.  I had to search through all the milk to find the oatmeal.  I had her take it back and she added more oatmeal.  Wow, is that filling.

Teresa showed me a photo on her cellphone of a pink computer mouse where the scroll wheel looks like a clitoris.  Lol.

I put on my Ciclovia shorts and t-shirt and left the apt at 9:05.  

Today I walked down to Exito and took a picture with my cellphone from a distance of the Ferris wheel.  I walked over to the opposite side of Exito and didn’t see it any longer so obviously it’s inside the mall.  Workers were putting up the last of the aluminum decorative pieces so the outside of the mall is almost complete.

I stopped inside Exito and got an internet connection from their new GoWorking wifi area.

I walked down to McDonald’s where I had a latte for 4,200 pesos.  I met a young gringo named Zack who has been here 10 years, is married to a Colombiana and has a child.  He is originally from Evansville, Indiana and he played baseball in the Atlanta Braves farm system then in Venezuela and Colombia.  His order soon came up and he left.

I logged into McDonald’s wifi system but couldn’t get internet.  I soon finished my coffee but didn’t linger.  I walked out the door and looked across at the gas station next door but didn’t see the road to take up to Buena Mesa.  I soon realized I exited the wrong side of the restaurant.  I went back inside and out the other door.  I have to be careful in the future because just outside the door are cars that leave the driveup window.

I walked up to and through the Buena Mesa area to Avenida Poblado then I took side streets back to the apt keeping a lookout for apartments for rent.  I didn’t see any.

The Bears game today against the Arizona Cardinals starts at 3:25 but I’ll start watching other games starting at noon.

Wow, the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers both lost this afternoon.  The Bears pulled out a close one to the Arizona Cardinals 16-14 to move into first place (by ½ a game) in the NFC North division.  Next Sunday it’s the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in ChicagoTampa Bay plays tomorrow night vs the Pittsburgh Steelers so they’ll have a short week to prepare for the Bears.

Teresa pointed out an apartment building on a direct line to the new mall that has apartments for rent although she said they’ll probably cost 2,000,000 a month.  We’ll see if they are still available next month.

I watched some of Sunday Night Football where the Detroit Lions thrashed the New England Patrioits 26-10.

At Laura’s recommendation Teresa and I watched Trespass (5.3) on Netflix.  It wasn’t very good.

Today’s Step Count was 7,530.

Joke of the day
JEWISH STAND UP COMEDY JOKES
Doctor: "You'll live to be 60!"
Patient: "I am 60!"
Doctor: "See! What did I tell you?" 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,

    Just FWIW . . . You mentioned a Ferris wheel in today's post and it got me to thinking that I've never known many of the names in spanish for differrent carnival rides. I think the only names I really knew were roller-coaster = 'montaƱa rusa', and 'tiovivo' = merry-go-round.

    Ferris wheel wasn't anywhere in my mostly reliable, fat red & yellow Signet SPA/ENG–ENG/SPA paperback dictionary but I finally found it elsewhere online to be 'noria'. That word also confirmed in the DRAE.

    Interestngly the name 'noria' also means 'water wheel', which I didn't know and wouldn't have guessed.

    OK, that's enuf unsolicited info for today!

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using google translate I found Rueda de Ferris but Teresa didn't react when I used it. Interestingly, in Russia they call "roller coasters" "American Hills". Lol.

    ReplyDelete