Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Monday, September 24, 2018


I got up twice during the night, woke up again at 6:30 when Teresa got up, fell back asleep then woke/got up at 7:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then headed to the gym.  Charles was there and we briefed each other on our team’s wins – Seahawks for him and Bears for me.  He thought the New England Patriots won last night and I told him the Lions beat them and it wasn’t really close.  A few minutes later I found my keys in my pocket, realizing I had forgotten to leave my keys in my locker.  I went back inside and noticed one of the female Smartfit workers there – not sure if she’s one of the trainers or not.  Back outside I discussed that with Charles.  He asked me which trainer and she came up to us a minute later.  I asked him to ask her (his Spanish is better than mine) why she was in the men’s locker room.  She said she had to check on how something is organized.  I asked if I could go into the ladies locker room to check on how things are organized and she responded that she is the only one allowed to check.  I asked why they don’t have a man who checks.  My point obviously was going nowhere – just a difference in cultures.

I increased my treadmill time from 5 to 6 minutes.  I was surprised that 2 of the Direct TV screens were showing last night’s Patriots vs Lions game.

I finished all but 2 of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes – 2 ladies seemed to be going back and forth between the last 2 machines I needed.

Before lunch I took a little nap from 12:45 to 1:15.

Again Teresa was telling me about a trip we could take to CoveƱas a town near the Atlantic, supposedly 8 hours by bus and at a cost of only 1,500,000 for the two of us.  Again I reminded her I need to pay for my new Visa in November/December and who knows when we will need additional cash for Laura to go work as an au pair.  I think the clincher was when I asked her if we should take the $500 out of my savings for my Visa; then she changed her tune to “another day”.

I forgot to mention that I got a buffering free Slingbox connection for my football game yesterday.

I spent part of the afternoon going through some chess videos.

I watched some Monday Night Football and surprisingly it was also buffer free even though I’m supposedly too far away and around a corner from the router.

Today’s Step Count was 5,645.

Joke of the day
JEWISH STAND UP COMEDY JOKES
You’ve heard the controversy about when life begins. In Jewish tradition, the fetus is not considered viable until it graduates from medical school.


No comments:

Post a Comment