Sunday, November 2, 2014

Friday, October 31st, 2014



Happy Halloween everyone!

I fell asleep rather quickly, got up at 2am, woke up about 5am when Laura called for Teresa but I don’t remember her coming back to bed, got up about 6am, and finally woke/got up at 9:15.  Once I did hear the two remaining dogs growling at each other but at least there wasn’t the constant barking I usually hear in the morning when Carlos starts working at 6am.

At 9am I had an arepa with scrambled eggs with ham and a cup of coffee for breakfast.

Now we’re waiting for Une to show up to fix the Wi-Fi once again.

We removed the mattress from our bed and permanently removed the piece of “plywood” underneath it because Teresa claimed the mattress was sliding on it.  It’s not really plywood it’s more like balsa wood, very thin and similar to what those cheap model airplanes are made of.  I don’t know why Jesus put it there in the first place.  I removed the staples from it and Teresa took it out to store in the shed.

While watching the Today show Teresa noticed that some Colombian singers are going to be appearing in a special tonight that I believe she would really like to see.
I counted my prostate vitamins and I have 37 left so that’s enough for 18-19 days.  The first time it took 4 weeks for my order to get here but that’s because I didn’t send a copy of my order to MBE.  I hope I can speed that up by sending a copy to MBE about a week after it ships.

When I get Wi-Fi again I’d better order more vitamins right away.  

The dogs went nuts and a few minutes later an epm guy stopped by on his motorcycle and talked to Teresa.  I understood the conversation had something to do with the new shower heater and he left a piece of paper which had 40 kilowatts written on it.

At 11:45 the carpenter, Ramiro, called and he won’t be able to come to build the closet until next Friday or Saturday.  Sigh!  I’m still living out of my suitcase and both of us can’t wait until I get my closet built so we can get organized.

At noon Teresa and I had a bowl of granola.

I took a nap from 1:30 to 2:30.

At 3pm Une called but I pushed the wrong button and accidentally cancelled the call.  I tried calling back the same number but just got a busy signal.

At 3:30 the dogs started going crazy but it was just Carlos.

At 4:30 a man from Une called and I understood Teresa gave him directions to the finca.  After she hung up I understood he is in Caldas now so he could be here in 20 minutes by motorcycle.  When I told Teresa that, she corrected me that they were at El Rancherita (and therefore much closer) and that there were 2 of them in a car – one for the street and one for here.

At 4:45 we heard a minor commotion so we walked up to the neighbor’s house with 3 of her Terriers following us.  It seems like one of the Terriers always stays back to guard the house.  At the neighbor’s all his dogs came out – this is the first time I’ve seen the third – even though the neighbor called his dogs off.  I kept the Doberman busy most of the time by waving a stick in front of his face with my can of pepper spray in my right hand.  There was a real battle among the dogs whenever 2 paired off against one thereby having a temporary advantage.  I heard a few whines as I’m sure there were a few bites exchanged until we got far enough past the neighbors house that the killer dogs retreated.  That was when I noticed that all 4 Terriers were with us.  I guess the 4th came when it heard all the commotion.

The Une guy came inside for a few minutes but soon left as it seemed like everything was OK.  He looked quickly at the outside wiring and then headed down the hill to check things out.

I stayed in the finca and checked my iPad for an internet connection every few minutes.  Settings said I had a connection but whenever I tried to update my Currency Rate I got a “Currency rate update fail” message.

Interestingly I see I got 4 emails yesterday between 3:15 am and 6:56am so it must have been getting internet for at least a brief time.

At 6:45 Une called and I understand something is broken “downstream” and they will be here sometime tomorrow to fix it.

We made popcorn and watched the horror movie Hostel 3.

We went to bed at 10:45pm.

T-shirt of the day: Better days are coming.  Saturday.  Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment