Sunday, November 2, 2014

Saturday, October 25th, 2014



Two months until Christmas.

I got up at 3:45am and again at 5:45am.  I finally woke/got up at 9:15.

I made waffles for Teresa and I.  Actually only one waffle and she ate one of the four pieces without any syrup.  I waited until 11:45 for Laura to get up so I could make one for her.  Unlike Teresa, Laura ate half a waffle with lots of syrup.

At 12:30 Une called and Teresa said they will be here tomorrow between 7am – noon to install Wi-Fi.  Yay!

Today must be cleaning day because Teresa and Laura took all the chairs apart and wiped every surface.  They even took down a painting hanging on the wall and dusted the back.  I’m glad women have that gene and not men!  Lol.

Teresa showed me my shoes that she cleaned off for me.

At 4:15 I heard the dogs going crazy so I looked outside and saw a man coming down the path on horseback.  I called for Teresa and went outside.  The man’s name is Carlos and he is the one who cuts the plants in front of the finca.  I gave him 50mil which I understand is for him to buy roundup to kill the plants on the path leading to her finca.  I noticed the dogs were still going crazy and it didn’t appear to be the horse.  I looked up the path where the dogs were looking and I saw the man’s dog.  It was a large dog but appeared very gentle and wasn’t concerned about the 4 Fox Terriers.

After he left Teresa pointed out some plants in the distance and said “Nosotros hacer una casa prefabricada para arriendo nos pagan $500.000” which I understand to mean “We can make a prefabricated house that we can rent for $250”.  Is she trying to tell me we can make a house out of the plants and then rent it?  This is another example of understanding the words but not the meaning.  I had her write it down and I asked her to wait until tomorrow when I can run it through the translator.

About 5pm I had 3 ribs, rice and Chinese salad with a glass of milk.

About 7pm it started pouring again so we turned off the TV and disconnected the electronics.  The thunder was so strong that Teresa let all 4 dogs stay inside until it stopped at 8:30.

Teresa called the closet guy and he says he will be here sometime next week.
I have a new mosquito bite.  Why?  Because I petted a horse?

We went to bed at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: One of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment