Friday, November 7, 2014

Thursday, November 6th, 2014



It started raining hard at 12:05am.  I lie awake until at least 1am when I made a trip to the bathroom.  Later I woke up and looked at my watch and saw 2:20 but when I got to the bathroom door it was locked because it was actually 4:10am.  I used the other bathroom and upon returning to bed quickly fell asleep.  Teresa got up at 5am and the next thing I knew it was 8:15am.

I had calentao with scrambled eggs and coffee for breakfast.

I still have Wi-Fi!

We left the finca at 10:30am and only waited 5 minutes for a bus.  Laura called Teresa and a few minutes later the bus picked her up.  At Mayorca I picked up my jeans that I had cuffed for 18mil, Teresa dropped off a blouse that belonged to her mother to be taken in, Teresa picked up some medicine for her stomach pains for 80mil, and we dropped off my old fanny pack to have the zipper repaired for 10mil which should be ready on November 25th.  While there in Totto I also bought a case for my sunglasses for 10mil at Teresa’s suggestion.  I noticed that the movie Interstellar (9.2) is playing now.  I just read the review and it is one I would like to see.

We took the metro to El Pablado where we took a taxi up to MBE for 5mil.  I paid 28,300COP for my November rental and picked up my pension deposit statement from Sears.  

We took a taxi from there to The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop for lunch which we found to be closed.  I remembered that she liked Ay Caramba that one time we were in Patrick’s Irish Pub so we walked the 4 blocks or so down there.

Teresa had a bowl of Tortilla Mexican soup and the salmon at my recommendation which she loved.  Laura had chicken with mushrooms and I had chicken fajitas.  The total came to 81,774.

From there we took a taxi down to the expressway where we took a bus to Caldas.  In the grocery store we saw a woman buy 25kilos of chicken legs.  

Teresa bought 150,772 of fruits and vegetables and more chicken and we left at 3:45 for the finca.  This time Teresa, Laura, and I were in the back seat and the driver and another man sat in front.  The taxi got stuck at the 2nd turn and we all had to get out and help push.  The driver packed up a large bag of groceries and the other man helped carry it to the finca.  We got past the neighbor’s house before the killer dogs heard us.
Teresa told me she has to go to school with Laura tomorrow to sign some papers but she should be back before noon.

Teresa made popcorn and we watched Catch Me If You Can until we went to bed at 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment