Saturday, November 29, 2014

Friday, November 28th, 2014



Even though I got up 3 times during the night I felt I slept well.  I heard the dogs going crazy from about 6am to 6:30 from the tree trimming going on down by the highway.  I finally woke/got up at 8am.

Teresa wants me to make waffles this morning but we decided to just have a small bowl of cereal while we wait for Laura to wake up.

Teresa told me she had a dream that I had returned to the States and she was very sad about it.  I told her I don’t have money to return to the States.

I guess Teresa wanted to do a real good cleaning of the living room area as she moved all the furniture out and the pieces that were too big I helped her set them up on end.

Teresa asked me where I think we should put the TV after the stairs are installed.  I want to wait until I can see exactly where the stairs are going to be but she wants me to tell her now.  One problem is she doesn’t have many electrical outlets, especially the 3 pronged ones, and the one near the stairs might be blocked by them.

Laura got up about 10am and I started putting together the waffle mix.  I was showing off a little by cracking the eggs with one hand but the last one spilled a little onto the floor.  I guess Teresa will be doing all the egg cracking from now on.  Again I put too much waffle mix in 2 of the quadrants of the waffle maker and some spilled out over the edges.  I’m still trying to figure out when enough is enough.

I checked the new US movie releases and I would like to see The Imitation Game (8.4). 
Locally, I would like to see A Walk Among the Tombstones (6.7) and I would still like to see Interstellar (8.9) but all their showtimes are too late, except El Tesoro which is too far away.

I tried researching some more to find some way of viewing movies that I can’t find in Netflix.  I tried to follow one expat’s advice to use Torrent but after a while I got a little worried I might be downloading something harmful to my computer.  I did find I could rent a few movies using iTunes.

I saw a couple TV commercials for Black Friday, both in English and Spanish as Viernes Negra.

At 4:35 I received an email from MBE that the Super Nintendo is in Miami but they need a Confirmation Invoice or Purchase Order.  I used their enclosed link to inform them that “This is a used Super Nintendo Entertainment System, from 1991, that my son is sending me so there's no confirmation invoice or purchase order.  I value the complete system at about $100USD.” in both English and Spanish so I hope that works.

After dinner we started watching A Perfect Getaway.

At 7:35 I got another MBE email exactly the same as the first so I’m guessing it is automatically sent again 3 hours later.

We finished the movie which she liked very much and then we started Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Teresa was very tired so we stopped the movie at 9:30, I took my sleeping pill, she took a shower and we went to bed at 10:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment