Thursday, November 6, 2014

Wednesday, November 5th, 2014



I got up once at 2:45, woke up at 5 when Laura roused Teresa, was still awake at 5:30 when Teresa came back to bed, was still awake at 6am when Luna started a barking competition with the neighbor’s dog, finally woke/got up at 7:30.

I still have Wi-Fi!

While having breakfast of eggs scrambled with ham and coffee, Teresa informed me there will be a lot of people at the fruit & vegetable sale today so we decided we will save Medellin for tomorrow.

When Teresa saw me putting on my jeans she reminded me we’re not going to the market until tonight.  I know she said there will be a lot of people there today but I still thought we were going this morning.  It wasn’t a case of not remembering it was a case of not understanding.

Teresa had the bedroom door and shutters open and there was a cool breeze coming in so I had a blanket wrapped around me.  She closed the shutters and I asked why you don’t just close the door.  She said if she does that the dogs come in through the window and sleep on the bed.

At 1pm Laura came home and we had a nice lunch of frijole soup, Chinese salad, beef with rice, and juice.

At 2pm I asked Teresa when we’re going to Caldas because I want to get back before dark and this time she told me we’ll go tomorrow – first to Medellin and then stop at the market in Caldas on our way back.

Teresa and I took a nap from 3 to 3:45.

I told Teresa I really miss having a hamburger so we made plans to have lunch tomorrow at the Flip Flop Sandwich shop since we will be in El Poblado anyway.
Teresa and I watched the ending of the remake of Poseidon Adventure.

About 5:45 Teresa tried to tell me something and my best guess is that she was going to take a bag of garbage down to the road.  

At 6:10 I could tell when she was coming back when I heard a lot of dogs barking.  When she got back I noticed her sleeve was wet and her clothes a little dirty.  I asked her what happened and she started to lead me up the hill in the dark.  I went back and got the small flashlight and met her partway up the hill (and it wasn’t an easy trip in the dark and me only in my flipflops).  It looked like the water pipe (more like a hose) either broke or more likely 2 sections came apart and I understood that soon we would run out of water.  She said she needs to call Carlos (now Don Carlos) to fix it.

At 6:40 Teresa told me that Don Carlos has already fixed the hose.  Hopefully we didn’t lose too much water until the next rain.

At 7:30 Teresa showed me that the washing machine isn’t working – or working right.  She called a repairman and I understand he can’t come until Friday.

Teresa’s mother called several times.  Teresa’s going to be busy, taking a shower and stuff, so I finally gave Laura my cell phone.  Teresa had Laura remove the Movistar Sim card from my cell phone and put it in Teresa’s.  I guess now she will at least be able to receive the calls that are meant for her and she can still call out using my phone.

I caught Teresa brushing her teeth and I reminded her that we’re going to have popcorn in a little while and watch a movie together.

At 8:45 it suddenly started raining and Teresa ran out and I grabbed the flashlight and followed her to the back where she grabbed a few things off the line.  By the time she got back she was pretty soaked.  It stopped about 15 minutes later.

At 7pm Teresa made me an arepa de chocolo with a slice of cheese and coffee.
Teresa and I finished watching the Bounce movie we started last night.

Hopefully if we go to bed earlier we will get up earlier tomorrow.  We went to bed at 10:15pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment