Sunday, November 2, 2014

Thursday, October 30th, 2014

It took me a little while to fall asleep but I didn’t wake up until Laura was about ready to leave for school – 5:15am.  After a trip to the bathroom I was able to fall back asleep rather quickly.  I woke up next around 6am when I heard one of the other Fox Terriers growling at Peter.  After a little while I fell asleep again and finally woke/got up right after Teresa at 8:45 so it was a good night’s sleep.

I had scrambled eggs, a buttered arepa and coffee for breakfast.

Teresa told me Laura came home with the electric bill last night.  It’s only 54,598 and is due by November 4th.  I also have to pay my health insurance by the first of the month so I talked to Teresa and we decided we would go to Caldas tomorrow and I can make my medical insurance deposit at BanColombia and pay the electric bill.
I have two new mosquito bites – both near my chin.

I had read that you should connect the cable before turning on the laptop and TV so I tried that this morning and it still didn’t work.  I’m going to have to google some more because there must be something I have to do on the laptop to direct the display to the HDMI port.

Teresa showed me a couple of extra robes she had and I picked one out for me to use.
Hmmm.  This morning I have a network connection and it says I have internet access but I keep getting “Server not found” when I go to Google.com or Yahoo.com.

I did a little more investigation in Internet Explorer and was able to direct my laptop to the TV by clicking Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, and then under Display clicking Connect to a Projector, and then Duplicate.  I showed Teresa some pictures “on the big screen”.

Now I’m confident, once I get an internet connection again, that I can show Netflix movies on the large screen TV.  BTW, I just measured the TV and it’s about a 40” diagonal screen.

Just after noon I called Jhon so he could explain to Teresa the problem and he asked me first to try other browsers.  I did and neither Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, nor Google Chrome work.  Now Teresa has to call Une once again to schedule another service call.

I got Tony and Luna to sit pretty quickly for a couple dog biscuits each.

For lunch Teresa made me a bowl of chicken soup with garbanzo beans, 4 ribs with rice and juice but I wasn’t able to finish it all.

I discovered History Channel and watched some interesting programs.

Luna keeps coming in the finca and lying on the couch because she can squeeze through the bars of the front door.  As soon as Teresa catches her, because Luna won’t listen to me, she shoes her back outside.

Teresa and I took a nap from 3 to 4 pm.

This time Teresa was able to get through to Une.  (I believe you have to go through the same push button system here as you do in the States.)  I understand Une will be here sometime tomorrow so we have to be here until they come and go. 
Teresa asked me for another 110mil for Carlos and that led to a little meeting to discuss our finances and the timing:
110mil to pay Carlos tomorrow (Friday)
106mil to pay my health insurance tomorrow (Saturday at the latest)
700mil to pay the carpenter (Ramiro) on Saturday
I knew I had the 700mil for the carpenter but I wasn’t sure about the rest.  I checked and we can pay for everything with just enough left over for us to get to Caldas on Monday to get more money at the ATM.  Teresa said I can give Laura the money and deposit form and she can stop at BanColombia after school tomorrow.

Laura came home about 6:30 and I gave her the bad news that we don’t have Wi-Fi and the good news that I can now project to the television.

About 7:15 while Teresa was mopping the floor she called out “raton” which means mouse.  She motioned over by the storage chest she has in the dining room against the wall.  I went over and moved my toolbox which was next to it and turned on my “torch” and by then she had figured out that the fishing line she had given me weeks ago that I had put in my toolbox was wrapped around her mop.

I rewound the fishing line on the spool and we taped the end of it so it won’t accidentally come loose again.

The 3 of us put Luna AND Tony out in the shed for the night so hopefully Teresa and I can sleep late tomorrow.

We went to bed at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: Jap hunting season.  Open Season.  No limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment