Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Saturday, November 8th, 2014



Last night again I had difficulty getting to sleep – maybe not until about 1am.  I got up once about 3:30 but fell asleep rather quickly after that.  I was awakened about 6am by fireworks followed by Luna’s nonstop barking for awhile.  I finally woke/got up at 8am.

I had breakfast of scrambled eggs, calentao and coffee.

Afterwards Teresa asked me to move a table from the laundry room into the kitchen and as I was getting it through the doorway my cell phone rang.  I moved the table back so Teresa could get to the phone.  As I sat it down in the kitchen I understood she wanted me to go with her to protect the repairman from the dogs.  So, still in my pajamas, I grabbed my pepper spray and we headed up the hill.  Three of the Terriers went with us and at the neighbors we observed the Terriers barking and growling at the dogs on the other side of the fence. 

We met him at the top of the hill getting out of a taxi and Teresa told him that it would be much cheaper to come in a bus.  As we were walking back down the hill the 3 dogs briefly came out and challenged the Terriers and once again it was back and forth like a battle.  The Doberman didn’t really get aggressive perhaps because there were so many of us.

At one point I saw Peter seemingly attacking something in the weeds.  I watched him for a while and a rock had apparently come loose and he was chasing it down the steep hill.

30 minutes later Teresa showed me a bunch of stuff from inside the washer/dryer.  Apparently a mouse had built a nest inside and that led to the problem.
30 minutes later Teresa tells me there is a more serious problem with the washer/dryer.

At 10:45 I helped the repairman carry the tub outside so he could give it a good cleaning.

At 2pm I gave the repairman 80mil and he left.  Only one burner on the stovetop had been working but he fixed the other 3.  About the washer/dryer he wanted to take an electronic part with him with money but Teresa doesn’t know him and she was afraid he might take off with it.  So now it doesn’t work at all.

We haven’t heard from the carpenter so Teresa will have to go to Caldas to talk to him but now there’s a lot of thunder and it’s raining lightly.

I posted a question entitled Watching Movies Online on Expat Exchange – Colombia.  See my previous blog posting for details.

At 3pm I had a chicken leg with rice, soup and juice.

We called the carpenter all day and finally Teresa found more telephone numbers and she reached his daughter at 5:30pm.  She will have him call us later.

At Teresa’s request we watched Fatal Attraction using my IP Changer (so Netflix thinks I’m in the US) but it didn’t have Spanish subtitles.  Then we watched the first hour of When Harry Met Sally butTeresa felt very tired so we went to bed at 9:30pm.  We did not get to Sally’s faked orgasm scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment