Sunday, November 2, 2014

Monday, October 27th, 2014



I got up twice during the night possibly because I had coffee late last night.

Around 6am the dogs started going crazy with nonstop barking, probably because the man is spraying the road with Roundup.  (I guess Teresa has gotten used to all the noise because she was still sleeping (not moving and breathing softly.)

At breakfast (calentao and coffee) it was nice to be able to read the newspaper on my iPad but it seemed like I lost my internet connection.

After my shower I logged onto my laptop and while I could get a network connection I was unable to get internet access.  I looked at the router and only 2 lights were on and I remember I need 4.  I unplugged it but that didn’t help things.  I recall having this problem before when I first got one of my routers back in the apartment.

At 11:30 the man, Senior Carlos, came up the path with a large plastic container on his back and matchete in hand and the dogs went crazy again but they didn’t attack him.  He talked to Teresa a minute and then headed up the trail probably to spray the weeds.  Five minutes later I heard the killer dogs going crazy so I guess he reached them.
Teresa tried making some calls about the stove top but I understand she couldn’t reach anyone.

At 1:30 I had a nice lunch of salad, ribs, rice, soup and juice.

At 2:45 I still didn’t have an internet connection.  I tried disconnecting the router and waiting 15 seconds before reconnecting but it didn’t work.

Teresa made a couple calls and they said to wait 30-60 minutes and it should be working again.

I tried again at 4pm and it still doesn’t work.

I took a little nap from 5 to 6pm.

At 6:30 Teresa finally got through to Une and I understand someone will come out Wednesday morning to check things out.

For dinner I had a large piece of breaded chicken and a cup of coffee.

Laura came home at 7pm and I gave her the bad news – no internet.

Teresa and I watched The Creature from 8 to 10pm.  I watched a little of a series called Third Eye while waiting for Teresa to get ready for be.  What’s interesting about this program is that while it has Spanish subtitles the original language isn’t English.  My best guess is its Dutch or Danish or something similar to that area.

We went to bed at 10:15.

T-shirt of the day: Westchester Irrigation

No comments:

Post a Comment