Saturday, November 8, 2014

Watching Movies Online



I posted this question entitled Watching Movies Online on Expat Exchange – Colombia. 

I want to watch the best movies of all time, in English with Spanish subtitles, with my girlfriend.  For example, according to IMDB.com the top 10 are:
#1 – The Godfather
#2 – The Shawshank Redemption
#3 – Schindler’s List
#4 – Raging Bull
#5 – Casablanca
#6 – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
#7 – Gone with the Wind
#8 – Citizen Kane
#9 – The Wizard of Oz
#10 – Titanic

Here is the list again showing if Netflix had the movie or not:
#1 – YES -The Godfather
#2 – YES - The Shawshank Redemption
#3 – YES - Schindler’s List
#4 – YES - Raging Bull
#5 – NO - Casablanca
#6 – NO - One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
#7 – NO – Gone with the Wind
#8 – NO - Citizen Kane
#9 – NO - The Wizard of Oz
#10 – NO -Titanic

Then I used an IP Changer to change my IP address to the States and here is the list again showing if Netflix had the movie or not:
#1 – NO - The Godfather
#2 – NO - The Shawshank Redemption
#3 – NO - Schindler’s List
#4 – NO - Raging Bull
#5 – NO - Casablanca
#6 – NO - One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
#7 – NO - Gone with the Wind
#8 – NO - Citizen Kane
#9 – NO - The Wizard of Oz
#10 – YES - Titanic
Some of those NOs are available on Netflix DVD but I’m not going to be sending DVDs back and forth between here and the States.

So, out of my small sample of 10 movies, I cannot see 5 of them - Casablanca, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, and The Wizard of Oz – using Netflix’s streaming service.

Which leads me to my real question, where online can I see the movies that I can’t find on Netflix?  Excuse me for this long winded post, but anyone having any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment