Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Tuesday, November 25th, 2014



It took a while to fall asleep because of the itching but I only got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I had something different for breakfast.  Teresa made me beef fajitas.  They were very tasty but I could only eat two and left about 30% of the fixings in the pan.  In time she’ll learn not to serve me so much food.

I checked my MBE account online but my package hasn’t shown up in Miami yet.  I'll check it every day and see if I notice it there before I receive their notification email.

When I posted yesterday’s activities I noticed it appears I am averaging about 8 readers a day for my blog.

We left the finca at 10:10 and got past the neighbor’s dogs undetected, probably because of so much noise coming from the highway.

Where the side road meets the highway workers were cleaning brush on both sides of the road.  I saw them cutting tree trunks the width of my thigh using only machetes.

After a 10 minute wait we caught an express bus to Aquacatala where after another 5 minutes we were on a bus to Edificio Intelligente.

After waiting in line to see the receptionist she told us we could pay at BanColombia which was right behind.  We went over to BanColombia and, 12:05, they had just closed and wouldn’t reopen until 2pm.  Teresa took me to another place nearby to pay the bill.  After a 5 minute wait I understood I couldn’t use my debit card – they only took cash.  I walked to the other end of the building where I took 300mil out of the ATM which was just enough to pay my last Une bill of 252,964.

We walked across the street to Plaza Mayor where first we were confronted by 2 young ladies with clipboards.  I understood they just asked Teresa where we were both from and for me I know she said Chicago, US and for that they gave me a free map of Medellin.

We had lunch at one of the outdoor restaurants - Restaurant Chips.  I wasn’t real hungry so I ordered the fried chicken strips with a mango/strawberry/blackberry juice and Teresa the fish with a juice.  I didn’t have a lot of cash and I didn’t want to use all my small bills so I walked to the other end of the outdoor food court where I took another 300mil out of an ATM.

Teresa called Natalia and she said she could meet with us today at 4pm.
It’s nice to sit outside and watch the ladies in their high heels walk to and from their offices to lunch.  At one point a very petite Colombiana with very large boobs walked by.  She had her blouse opened quite a bit so everyone could see how large and full they were.  Teresa pointed her out to me (like I hadn’t noticed her) and said something like “I wouldn’t want my daughter to have those”.

The mall plaza has some diversions for children: a fountain for them to run through, a small wading pool, and a sand pit.

Teresa’s order came with cole slaw and I got a mixed salad so we switched.  The total came to 38,880.

It was only 1:15 so Teresa called Natalia back and told her that 4pm today was too late so she got an appointment for tomorrow at 2pm.

We walked a couple blocks where we caught a bus to Envigado.  We got off at Exito where first I bought another months’ supply of Tamsulosin for 42,600 only this time it was a different brand – Genfar – and it was called Tamsulosina Clorhidrato.

Then we went into Exito proper where we picked out a few things we need for 120,060.  At one point one of the ladies working there took down a bottle and gave us each a taste of something called “hugo de uva” which looked like grape juice and tasted like grape juice and when I got back to the finca I found that it translates to grape juice.

We each carried a couple bags of groceries a few blocks to where we caught an express bus to the finca.

The workers had stopped trimming trees in that area and when we got to the top of the hill we met Don Carlos coming up with his friendly dog which only gave each of us a sniff.  As we walked by the neighbor’s house the Doberman was waiting on the path for us.  He growled threateningly but the other dogs didn’t join him and I tried to just look at him with my peripheral vision with my pepper spray ready but he didn’t approach any closer.
We were back at the finca by 3:45.

We forgot to buy dog food so Teresa called Laura to pick some up on her way back from school.

At 5:30 Teresa made me a sandwich with coffee and then we watched The Edge which she really liked.

I put Caladryl on my few mosquito bites and we went to bed at 10:30.

T-shirt of the day: Love me not.

No comments:

Post a Comment