Friday, November 28, 2014

Thursday, November 27th, 2014



Happy Thanksgiving!

There is a restaurant in Medellin that is serving a traditional Thankgiving feast but their first seating is at 5pm and I figured that would be much later than I want to be returning to the finca.

I got up once during the night, woke up at 7am when Teresa and Laura were leaving and got up at 8am.

I looked at the documents that Teresa left behind yesterday and they look like Laura’s birth certificates.

I had a small bowl of granola for breakfast.

Teresa and Laura came back at 9:30.  Teresa had some good news about Laura but I didn’t understand any of it.  After I thought about it a little more I realized Laura doesn’t have to study anymore until she starts back to school in January.

At noon I noticed Direct TV channel 626 (ESPN 3) is showing Italian fĂștbol highlights but the Bears game will be starting right after at 12:30.  But because today’s game is being shown on CBS I could probably watch it on USTVNOW.

I found the USTVNOW broadcast but it is on a smaller screen in English with American commercials.  The Direct TV broadcast is full screen but is in Spanish only with Colombian commercials.

By just switching from HDMI 3 to HDMI 1 I can easily switch from the Direct TV broadcast to the CBS broadcast.  What was interesting is when I did that after the Bears first TD I saw the touchdown again LIVE which means the Direct TV broadcast is about a minute ahead of the CBS broadcast.

After the first half 2 minute warning I saw Detroit run 2 plays on offense (Direct TV) and then switched to CBS where I saw the preceding punt to them so the time difference may be even greater.  Very interesting!
The Bears ended up losing 34-17.  

We started watching Reservior Dogs but Teresa didn’t like it so I switched to Seven which she liked very much.  Then we watched Premonition which she found interesting.

I saw one of the weekly lottery drawings on TV and the winning numbers were 5948.

I took my sleeping pill at 10pm and we went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: Sun and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment