Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sunday, November 9th, 2014



I got up 3 times during the night; my first trip to the bathroom at midnight I saw Laura’s bedroom light on so I’m sure she’ll be sleeping in late.  I woke/got up at 8:30am.

First good news, I still have Wi-Fi.  I haven’t had any trouble with it since they told me there was a serious problem so maybe they fixed it long ago.

Second good news, Teresa talked to the carpenter, Ramiro, and he has the materials and will be here early tomorrow to make the closet and I understand it should take only one day.

Teresa asked me to make a waffle for her for breakfast.  When we were at the grocery store I bought my usual waffle mix and also an Aunt Jemima package that Teresa wanted that requires eggs.  I looked at the package and the instructions are basically the same as what I’m used too, 1 cup of pancake mix, 1 cup of milk but also 3 eggs and it claims it makes 8 waffles.  I don’t think so.  I put the ingredients together and it looks like it will make 1 waffle although with my waffle maker that’s 4 sections.  Teresa thought 3 eggs was a lot so we “doubled” the recipe by adding another cup of pancake mix and milk but no more eggs.  The mixture looked pretty runny, not as thick as I was used to.  I made a waffle that we shared and it does taste better than the waffles I used to make without eggs.  I made another one and we finished that.  Now I’ll wait for Laura to get up and if she wants I’ll make one for her.

After my shower I found a Robin Williams – Remembered special on TV and Teresa and I watched the last 30 minutes of it.  I understood she wants to see Awakenings so I added it to my secondary movie list.

Laura got up just before noon and I made a waffle for her.  I combined ½ cup of my waffle mix with ½ cup of Teresa’s waffle mix, 1 cup of milk and 1 egg and that made just a little less than a full waffle that Laura enjoyed.

Today’s Bears game doesn’t start until about 6:30 our time.

We continued watching When Harry Met Sally and during the faked orgasm scene, because I had the sound turned up so loud, Laura came out of her room to see what was happening.

At 3pm I had a nice lunch of soup, beef (steak?) with rice, salad and juice.  I mentioned to Teresa that there seems to be a few flies here today and she said it is a common problem here in November and December.

Teresa wanted to watch Awakenings but it isn’t offered by Netflix even in English only.
I checked the Direct TV listings and it looks like the Bears at Packers game isn’t on until 8:30 our time.  The original start time was 7:30 but I must have miscalculated the time change.  Instead of an hour earlier it must be an hour later.

At 8:15 a heavy thunderstorm came through so I turned off the TV and hoped the storm passes in time to see the game.  I put it back on 15 minutes later as the storm seemed to have lessened.

At 10pm, just before halftime, a strong rainstorm came through, we lost the satellite signal, I turned off the TV and unplugged it, hoping the storm would pass in time for the 2nd half although the Bears were already losing 35-0.  

I turned it back on at 10:30 when the storm lessened and stopped completely at 10:45.  I actually got to see the Bears score a touchdown.  Ten minutes later there was more thunder with a little rain but no interruption in the broadcast.

The final was Packers 55, Bears 14.

We went to bed at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment