Thursday, November 20, 2014

CANCER INFORMATION



Private Message from ---------
               
Subject: Information on Cancer

Greetings.

I am writing because from time to time I follow your blog. Today I read that you are having some problem with your PSA.  I am a cancer survivor.  I was lucky, my cancer was in stage one and I have been cancer free for almost two years.

If you need to seek a second opinion or at some point you decide to become proactive, there is a cancer facility in Medellin (Clinica Las Americas) that has an agreement with the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

At one point, I was thinking of moving to Medellin so I did extensive research on the availability of cancer treatment in Medellin in case the cancer should return while I was there.  For several years MD Anderson was ranked (US News Best Hospitals) the number one cancer hospital in the United States.  For 2015, U.S. News ranks it as number two.

Also when I was considering Medellin, I called MD Anderson to determine its relationship with Clinica Las Americas.  According to the person I spoke with, the Clinica follows all of MD Anderson’s treatment procedures, which makes it easy for a person to transfer to Houston for advance treatment, if needed.

Clinica Las Americas Headquarters: Cra 70 # 1-135 Torre switch 5: 340-9393.

I hope you never need to use this information but at least you know there is a facility close by that has an agreement with one the best cancer centers in the United States.

Good luck

PS:  I am the guy who sent you the information on USTVnow (a long time ago).  I spent seven plus years in Panama before I returned to the United States for cancer treatment.  I had three English-speaking doctors in Panama who treated me for eight months.  They could not determine what was causing my problems.  I finally decided to fly to the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion, which led to a major surgery followed by Radiation and Chemo.

I worked at the American Embassy in Bogota for more than three years and based on my personal experience, the doctors in Colombia are excellent especially when compared to the doctors in Panama.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment